ProFractional is Sciton’s solution for achieving excellent resurfacing results with minimal downtime. Unlike full field resurfacing, which removed the entire surface area of a treatment site, ProFractional ablates narrow-diameter channels into the skin, covering a fraction of the total treatment area. This action imitates the body’s wound healing response, while leaving the surrounding tissue intact for rapid healing.
The benefits of Profractional include:
- Increased patient comfort
- Shorter Healing times
- Fine tuned results that range from subtle to dramatic
How it Works
Profractional creates clean, micro-abalated channels in the skin, which activate fibroblast production. The result is increased turgor and thickness to the skin. Leaving surrounding tissue intact helps promote rapid healing due to the presence of stem cells and melanocytes in the papillary dermis.
What to Expect
- Day 1 : Immediately post treatment, the skin will be red, raw and have a similar sensation to a sunburn.
- Day 2: The skin will still be warm, irritated and can become darker as it begins to crust over.
- Day 3-5: The skin will continue to exfoliate as new skin cells replace the damaged ones.
- Day 6-8: The skin may still be pink in appearance, however it will look tighter and brighter.
At home care is crucial to the success of any procedure. The necessary home care post ProFractional treatment includes a gentle cleanser, a thick occlusive barrier cream such as a laser balm, a moisturizer, and a broad band spectrum SPF.
Book your consultation
If you would like to learn more about Laser Peels and treatments, then call or stop by Golden Glow Medical Spa in the Tampa Bay area today! Dr. Mira Mahajan, a board certified physician and laser treatment specialist, will consult with you personally.
Book your consultation today. Our team is excited to join you on your journey towards a refreshed and rejuvenated appearance.
Golden Glow Medical Spa is centrally located in Largo, FL. We offer exceptional medical aesthetic services in Largo, Tampa, Clearwater and the St. Petersburg area.
Disclaimer: Results for each patient will vary.
Please remember that the information provided will not guarantee your eligibility for treatment. Consultation and medical examination must be completed before approval.